Monday, February 25, 2008

What's in Your Bookshelf?


So I was going about my business today when I realized how absuredly overstocked my tiny bedside bookshelf is. This isn't my only shelving but I put the important stuff here. Now, I'm fairly list-oriented as a person, so I figured I may as well share a list of what is in my bookshelf. It heavily leans towards non-fiction, and history. Here we go, in no particular order, author(s) in brackets:
************************************
Krushchev's Cold War (Fursenko & Naftali)
Age of Turbulence (Alan Greenspan)
Fall of Berlin 1945 (Antony Beevor)
A Military History of Canada (Desmond Morton)
State of Denial (Bob Woodward)
In the Hot Zone (Kevin Sites)
Postwar (Tony Judt)
The Places in Between (Rory Stewart)
Fifteen Days (Christie Blatchford)
The Second World War Series (all six volumes, Winston Churchill)
A Man Called Intrepid (William Stevenson)
Catch-22 (Joseph Heller)
A Brief History of Time (Stephen Hawking)
Chaos (James Gleik)
Darwin's Dangerous Idea (Daniel Dennet)
Dune (Frank Herbert)
Lord of the Rings Trilogy (JRR Tolkien)
The Hobbit (JRR Tolkien)
Apollo 13 (Lovell & Kluger)
The Chrysalids (John Wyndam)
The London Hanged (Peter Linebaugh)
Up From Dragons (Skoyles & Sagan)
Paris 1919 (Margaret Macmillan)
Kennedy and Diefenbaker (Knowlton Nash)
Shake Hands with the Devil (Lt. Gen. Roméo Dallaire)
The Ultimate Dinosaur (Compilation)
Long Shadows (Erna Paris)
The Ancestor's Tale (Richard Dawkins)
900 Days (Harrison Salisbury)
**************************
So there you have it. If you happen to want to gain great insight into the readings that form the basis of my outlook on life, you'd have a decent start here!

2 comments:

Peter Mc said...

Mine: Trilobite! by Richard Fortey among them. Although living close to lower jurassic shales I am perforce an ammonite man myself. Until I find the huge pliosaur that is...

Marek said...

ammonites are tastey too. Somehow I don't own Fortey's book. Perhaps there has been something missing from my life after all!