Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fossils: Uniting the World?

Hey Fossil Fans,

I couldn't resist a post to analyze the stats to my cafepress store, even though they have nothing to do with fossils. It seems that people all over the world are eager for fossilly goodness!

The biggest group is still the USA, though. So far today, for instance, 30 of 57 hits have been from the US.

Second is jolly old Canada, my own country, with 7 hits. Now this may seem pitiful, but think about it this way: The population of Canada versus the US is 33 022 208 versus 302 907 501, or a ratio of 1:9.17. So, I got one hit per 4 717 458 Canadians, and only one hit per 10 096 917 Americans! I knew there was a way to make Canada's hits seem better! And just to note, I blocked my IP from counting in the stats, so it's all legit! :P.

The Netherlands stepped up to the plate with three hits. Could it be that legalizing everything actually creates an interest in my products? Or perhaps fossils in general? This definitely bears further study...

Next in line is France with two unique visits. France is my homie, and Canada shares an official language with France, so that makes us rock it together! Nuff said.

Belgium also gave me two hits, obviously not wanting to be outdone by France...

Germany had one hit... I'll avoid my usual cracks about the war :P (Fawlty Towers, anyone?).

One for Austria as well, keeping pace nicely with Germany.

One from Israel, which is cool, my first hit from the middle east!

One from China, cruising through on the paleo webring I belong to. I've heard that paleontology is getting huge there.

And finally, one hit from an ominously "unknown" location. Are aliens interested in this sort of thing too?

To sum up, I really have to show some love for the US for the interest you are showing my site. We Canadians totally make jabs at you to show our love! Hits are flowing in from all over the world, and that's super cool as far as I'm concerned!

Anyways, I promise the next post will have something more to do with fossils, lol.

No comments: