Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ask and Ye Shall Receive... on Yahoo Answers


I don't know how many of you have checked out Yahoo Answers, but there is a thriving science section there. Now, one could point out quite correctly that a great deal of this is lame high school students taking the easy road on their homework, but there are also some more interesting questions.

In my constant quest to learn more about the stuff I blog about, I've taken to hanging around Yahoo Answers. I actually much prefer to answer questions, sometimes even taking the time to look up answers I don't know. See, I learn! I'm a level 2 user, and apparently I've answered 77 questions. Pretty awsome.


Of course, not everything asked on Yahoo answers is so great. I don't know whether this is a poorer reflection on the student trying to cheat on her homework, or the curriculum that calls for a "rap about soil erosion." What are schools coming to?

But have no fear. I took matters into my own hands!



But anyway, if any of you are ever on Yahoo answers, my username is Trilobite, and you can find me haunting the science sections!

No comments: